Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Looking ahead ... and back

The incredible view of the Ohio River from the deck
of my sister and brother-in-law's home in West Virginia.

Having returned to Saint Meinrad Archabbey last evening from my two-week vacation, it will take me just a while longer to "catch up" and resume posting here more regularly. It is a busy but exciting time, as I am involved with a number of writing and editing projects at the Abbey Press, and for the School of Theology. In addition, I will soon begin working on my thesis to complete my Masters in Theological Studies degree and undertake further studies toward a graduate certificate in spiritual direction. And, of course, there is always plenty going on in the monastery itself. In addition, I hope to soon implement some changes regarding this blog, tying it in more closely with my work for the Abbey Press.

For now, I thought I would simply share a few photos from the last week or so:

My nephew and godson Ian cheers on the home team while watching the Reds
and Indians play in Cincinnati. Unfortunately, the Reds lost,
but the postgame fireworks were fabulous (and loud)!

Ian fuels up.

My brother Kevin looks for a chance to swipe Ian's hat.

My sister Shannon and her husband Ty.
  
St. Peter in Chains Cathedral in Cincinnati
where we went to Mass. Built in Classic
Greek style in 1845, it is the oldest cathedral
west of the Alleghenies still in use as a cathedral.
  
Mosaic behind the cathedral altar depicting Christ
bestowing the "power of the keys" upon St. Peter,
and Peter's imprisonment in Jerusalem and Rome.


Ian gets ready to tube on the Ohio.

Faster, Dad, faster!

My mother can't wait for her turn!
 
Evening Prayer on the river.


2 comments:

Simon said...

Great pictures, BFrancis. Looks like you had a good time, and I am glad the Cleveland Indians won vs. the Reds! :)

Br. Francis de Sales Wagner said...

Tim, are your new employers aware of your disordered loyalties on the ballfield?

:-)

PAX
Br. Francis